Phoenix Defective Medical Device Lawyers
Defective Medical Device Lawyers Phoenix
Many medical advances have made it possible for people to lead longer, fuller, and happier lives. However, some of the products that are meant to improve quality of life cause unnecessary suffering, painful injuries, and even death in some cases.
While some dangerous medical devices cause injuries without the manufacturer’s knowledge, many such products are released onto the market before the full extent of the danger is known—in some cases, the makers are aware of defects, but ignore the risks to patients in favor of making money.
Defective Medical Devices That Have Been Known to Injure Patients
Even if a product was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), you can still hold the manufacturer liable for causing your suffering. We can help fight for you to collect damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and future medical care—all while you take time to heal.
We can help you recover payments for injuries due to a wide range of defective medical devices, including:
- IVC Blood Clot Filter. There has been a major recall of this product. It was designed to prevent blood clots but it can lead to serious injuries or even death. Don’t wait, call us now and we can help.
- Hip implants. Many metal-on-metal hip devices have been recalled in recent years due to their high failure rates. The Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II modular-neck hip stem implants have been linked to metallosis and early failure since 2009, while DePuy hip devices (such as the ASR XL Acetabular System) were recalled due to a high failure rate and an increased need for early revision surgery.
- Knee implants. In 2015, the FDA recalled the popular Zimmer Persona knee implant after receiving numerous reports about the device’s tendency to loosen and create large gaps between the Zimmer device and the patient’s bone matter.
- Transvaginal mesh. Hundreds of women who have received vaginal mesh devices for treatment of incontinence and weakened pelvic muscles have filed suits against the device’s manufacturers. Past lawsuits indicate that many devices, including the Gynecare Prolift, Gynemesh, and tension-free vaginal tape-obturator (TVT-O), caused a variety of complications, including organ damage, pelvic pain, device erosion, and surgical removal.
- Surgical devices. Patients benefit from a number of medical devices during a surgical procedure, and a poorly-designed product can place them at particular risk when they are most vulnerable. For example, many patients are kept warm during surgery with forced-air warming devices such as the 3M Bair Hugger. Unfortunately, some patients have reported serious deep tissue infections after their exposure to contaminated air circulated by the Bair Hugger device during surgery. As the Bair Hugger device is used in millions of surgeries every year, there may be millions of patients at risk.
You May Be Owed Thousands in Compensation for a Defective Medical Device
It is vital that you consult with a lawyer to find out if you could be owed a settlement for your injury. There are many existing class action suits pending in court for medical device injuries, and you may be entitled to a portion of the damages.
We can get the justice you deserve while you concentrate on your recovery. Call the defective medical device attorneys at Wayne Wright LLP today at 602-883-2929 to discuss the details of your case. Your consultation with us is always free, and you pay no attorney fees unless we win your case!
Victims Of Transvaginal Mesh Winning in Court On February 6, 2018, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in West Virginia upheld a jury verdict in four consolidated products liability cases that awarded $4 million to women who sued Boston Scientific Corporation for...read more